Thanks, Judy, I've checked multiple times and they aren't available through Annenberg or PBS.

I think I noticed they were on Gary's list and I'm hoping someone can help me with preservation copies.

On 7/3/2012 12:40 PM, Shoaf,Judith P wrote:

Did you try learner.org or 1-800-learner? That’s Annenberg and they may be able to sell copies.

Judy Shoaf

From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Deborah Benrubi
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 3:14 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Americas - Annenberg/PBS series

Dear videolib,

We have instructors that just love the Americas series and still assign it. They have loved three of the 5 VHS tapes to death. (See http://ignacio.usfca.edu/record=b1783438~S0

Re-checking Worldcat, there are a few libraries that actually hold DVDs of this collection but as far as I know it's never been issued in DVD, has been long out of print and I still cannot find it for sale.

Two questions: 1. Can someone please lend me a set so I can make section 108 copies? 2. Does anyone have a recommendation for a more readily available series that is similar in content? i.e. "a multidisciplinary study of the 20th Century political, economic, social, and cultural history of Latin America and the Caribbean." 21st century content wouldn't hurt either.

Thank you!

Deborah Benrubi
Technical Services Librarian
University of San Francisco