Hello,

We are building a "feature film" DVD collection intended to support both
curricular and recreation needs of our campus community.  I am working on a CD
policy for the collection.  The basis of my policy is that each film would have
both potential use in the classroom and potential recreational/entertainment
appeal.  So, a film like Dumb and Dumberer may not qualify (unless I, or
another bibliographer, identified it as being in support of a class), and a
psychology training video would not qualify, for example.

I am wondering if anyone has a similar collection, or has seen
policies/resources that may be helpful as I craft ours--I am especially
interested in gift statements for what will or will not be accepted, as well as
any specifics that could help describe such a collection.

I've consulted the following resources (including a small number of policies
available online): Video collection development in multi-type libraries : a
handbook / edited by Gary P. Handman.
Developing an outstanding core collection : a guide for libraries / Carol
Alabaster.

Thank you,

Kimberly Norris
Northeastern Illinois University