Hello all,

I am looking for recommendations on distributors of Indian Films.  I'm not
seeing much on the videolib archives, I tried Worldcat (to check for
distributors); but there seems to be a lot of illegal and/or unusual behavior
whenever I visit some website that is recommended.  Even the National Film
Development Corporation of India is not helpful.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

lorraine wochna
Ohio U, Alden Library

Mani Kaul is the director and the films are Uski Roti (A day's bread) 1969,
Ashad Ka Ek Din (A Monsoon Day)-1971-Hindi, Duvidha (Two Roads) - 1973 - Hindi,
Siddheswari - 1989 - Hindi, Nazar (The gaze) 1990 - Hindi, Naukar Ki Kameez(The
Servant's Shirt) - 1999 - Hindi.

Another Filmmaker is Kumar Shahani and his films are, Maya Darpan (Mirror of
Illusion) - 1972 - Hindi, Tarang (The Wave) - 1984 - Hindi, Kasba - 1990 -
Hindi, Char Adhyay - 1997 - Hindi

The last one is Ritwik Ghatak and his films are, Nagarik(The Citizen) - 1952 -
Bengali, Ajantrik(Pathetic Fallacy) - 1958 - Bengali, Bari Theke
Paliye(Runaway)  -1959 - Bengali, Megh Dhaka Tara(The Cloud Capped Star) - 1960
- Bengali, Komal Gandhar (E-Flat) - 1961 - Bengali, Subarnarekha (The Golden
Line) - 1962 - Bengali, Titas Ekti Nadir Naam(A River Named Titas)   - 1973 -
Bengali, Jukti Takko Aar Gappo (Arguments and a Story) - 1974 - Bengali