From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Deg Farrelly
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:06 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] VHS weeding

I am in the process of weeding VHS from our collection now.

Mostly we are moving all VHS out of the building into a storage facility
(another library) where they will be requestable.  (About 9600 titles), but in
the process we are withdrawing some titles:

@400 VHS that have been in the collection AT LEAST 7 years that have never been
borrowed.  (I will look at these individually to make sure that there are no
irreplaceable titles)

@200 titles in our purchased Filmakers Library Online collection

A handful of additional titles from other companies that we have in streaming
format on one platform or anotherÅ  for example BBC Shakespeare plays

Anything in VHS that we also have in DVD

Duplicate VHS copies, if there is another VHS (or DVD) copy in the library
collection.

This is very broad, and actually very conservative, I think.

-deg

deg farrelly, Media Librarian
Arizona State University Libraries
Hayden Library C1H1