THE YOUNG DOCTORS (1961) has an interesting early scene in which a class of
nursing students is given a lesson in endurance (by a wise, kindly, and
mordantly humorous Fredric March) at an autopsy. One of the students goes on to
become the love interest of a doctor played by Ben Gazzara. The film might be
useful as a portrayal of increasingly respectful yet still somewhat
patronizing, gender-charged attitudes toward nurses in the evolving early
sixties.

Paul
---
F. Paul Coleman, M.L.S.