I wonder how many media librarians working in academia are aware of the fact
that many journal subscriptions are also subject to the same tiered pricing as is the
distribution of documentary films. For example:

*Families in Society* (annual subscription)

 * Individual: $65
 * Non-profit agency: $286
 * Institution: $315

*Psychotherapy* (annual subscription)

 * Individual: $142
 * Institution: $425

*Chinese Education & Society* (annual subscription)

 * Individual: $149
 * Institution: $1462 (paper and electronic)

These examples are very much the norm and not the examples. And as far as
I know, the same institutional rate is applied to all academic institutions--regardless
if they are junior colleges, small liberal colleges, or large universities.

Just some more food for thought (or...um ...contention.)

Cheers!
Anthony

Anthony E. Anderson
Assistant Director, Doheny Memorial Library
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0182
(213) 740-1190antho...@usc.edu
"Wind, regen, zon, of kou,