Budgets:  We have been purchasing and subscribing to digital media through
our electronic database budgets, not our film budget lines.  This is
similar to the transition to print journals and ebooks.  The electronic
content had separate budget lines; use of these new resources eventually
allowed reduction in serial and some monograph budgets.

The media databases replace some videos/dvd's, but also introduce new items
to the collection.  This has greatly reduced the need for individual media
purchase in subject areas well covered by the databases.  But, most media
needs are not yet covered by these databases.

Good luck!

Nell Chenault
VCU Libraries