Jessica's right to point out that it could have been a review copy. In
those cases, I now have on my copies "Property of Milestone / Not For Sale
or Use Without Permission / To Be Returned to Milestone Unless Permission
is Granted"

My opinion, based on the last court decision, is that a review/press copy
is implied a gift to the reviewer unless specified otherwise. By stating
the above, I'm hoping we are protected from people giving them to others
for use or selling them on Ebay. Of course, we are just starting to put
films up online for streaming (with password protection) so we don't have
to send out DVDs to critics and buyers in the future.

BUT, as others have stated, if the DVD was sold to someone, then everyone
is correct that, at least here in the States, it can be given to anyone as
long as the DVDs are not used for public performance, broadcast, streamed,
duplicated, etc.

Best regards,
Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video/Milliarium Zero
PO Box 128 / Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: 201-767-3117 / Fax: 201-767-3035 / Email: milefi...@gmail.com
Visit our main website!  www.milestonefilms.com
Visit our new websites!  www.portraitofjason.com, www.shirleyclarkefilms.com
,
Support "Milestone Film" on
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Milestone-Film/22348485426>
 and Twitter <https://twitter.com/#!/MilestoneFilms>!

See the website: Association of Moving Image
Archivists<http://www.amianet.org/> and
like them on
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Association-of-Moving-Image-Archivists/86854559717>
AMIA 2013 Conference, Richmond, Virginia, November 5-9!<http://www.amianet.org/>