From: "Matthew Gallagher" <matthew.gallag...@rutgers.edu>
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:24:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Film as memoir

Hi Jeff,

José Padilha's Secrets of the Tribe would be an interesting fit. It's a 'film
that documents a "he said-he said" war of egos fought among ethically dubious
anthropologists on opposing sides of a theoretical debate that includes
accusations of genocide and pederasty.' Rather incriminating tale of Napoleon
Chagnon & Jacques Lizot's treatment of the Yanomami tribe in the Amazon. Could
work well if the professor was interested in academic/accepted memory in
comparison to personal/experiential memory.

Best,

Matt Gallagher
Media & Music Cataloging
Technical & Automated Services