To be blunt because they would lose their shirts. These are folks who
invested a lot of money in making the films I don't want to hype them here
but they are new films that have had significant theatrical play and are on
subjects of major interest to the academic world ( and they won't be out in
the retail market) I have the greatest respect for ASP, New Day for t etc
but they simply would not generate the revenue these folks need to survive.
It is understandable that collections containing thousands of films can't
afford to pay very much for an individual title but I am confident that
these are important films that many institutions will want to buy. To be
honest I am more familiar with ASP model than New Day or Docuseek but the
directors really want to handle all their sales directly. They do not have
to be streamed but as many institutions now want streaming rights we want
to make them available. Libraries are more then welcome to buy them without
streaming rights.

PS I will be taking to of them to The National Media Market so  hope to see
some of you there.