From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Fleischer, Richard M.
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:31 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] moving to open stacks

Hi videlib

The Tisch library is in the early planning stages of moving the library  DVD
collection from a closed to open stacks.  We want to keep the collection
together in one place. The current filing system is by call number dv1 is the
first film in the collection dv13912 is the last film in the collection. I was
wondering how other libraries   arranged the films in open stacks. Also do you
use any security system with the open stacks?

Thanks in advance for any help

Richard Fleischer
Media Center Manager
Tisch Library