For us, Matthew, it's more about a dearth of players.  To my knowledge, we have
only ONE blu-ray player on campus.  It's well placed, since it's in the room
most frequently used for public screenings and for film studies courses, but
since it's the only one (we don't even have one here in our library), we have
avoided purchasing blu-ray discs.  (The film studies folks tend to buy their
own to use with their students.)

I wouldn't mind seeing us add a blu-ray player or two, but I'm NOT going to
start replacing standard DVD with blu-ray in the collection - I can't even
afford to upgrade as many VHS tapes to DVDs as I want to.  And heck, I'm still
most concerned about making sure IT doesn't ditch our VCRs without notice!

I have been frustrated on occasion by having to purchase combo packs in order
to acquire standard DVDs.

Susan

Susan Albrecht
Library Acquisitions Manager
Wabash College Lilly Library
765-361-6216
765-361-6295 fax
albre...@wabash.edu
www.facebook.com/wabashcollegelibrary.films
http://pinterest.com/wabashcolllib/

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." --Neil Peart