From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu [videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu]
on behalf of Tatar, Becky [blt...@aurora.lib.il.us]
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 11:12 AM
To: pub...@webjunction.org; videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] DVD TV Show circulation

Hi, all,

What is the circulation time for seasonal TV show DVDs in your collection?  We
used to circulate all DVDs for 2 weeks, and a few years ago went to 1 week.
Since then, we have added more TV show seasons to our collection, so the
question has come up - it's difficult to watch a 22 episode television set in 1
week.  I figured this would happen, but the question now is how to handle it.
Do you all have 2 or more circulation times for your DVDs?  Also, do you change
the circ time for a DVD depending on how new it is?  Especially for the best
sellers.  Do you have a short circ time initially, and after a year, go to a
different circ time?  For example, Insidiious 2 just came out.  Do you have it
on a 3 day circ for now, and next year sometime, after the reserves are gone,
go to a 7 day circ?  Thanks!  And sorry for any cross duplication.

Becky Tatar
Periodicals/Audiovisuals
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street