From: "Susan Albrecht" <albre...@wabash.edu>
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 12:53:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Videolib] DVD TV Show circulation

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Tatar, Becky
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 11:13 AM
To: pub...@webjunction.org; videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] DVD TV Show circulation

Hi, all,

What is the circulation time for seasonal TV show DVDs in your collection?  We
used to circulate all DVDs for 2 weeks, and a few years ago went to 1 week.
Since then, we have added more TV show seasons to our collection, so the
question has come up - it's difficult to watch a 22 episode television set in 1
week.  I figured this would happen, but the question now is how to handle it.
Do you all have 2 or more circulation times for your DVDs?  Also, do you change
the circ time for a DVD depending on how new it is?  Especially for the best
sellers.  Do you have a short circ time initially, and after a year, go to a
different circ time?  For example, Insidiious 2 just came out.  Do you have it
on a 3 day circ for now, and next year sometime, after the reserves are gone,
go to a 7 day circ?  Thanks!  And sorry for any cross duplication.

Becky Tatar

Becky,
Our current policy is to treat these sets the same as a regular DVD.  Which,
come to think of it, probably isn't so wise....  This means that faculty have
3-week checkout and staff and students have 1-week.

Susan Albrecht
Library Acquisitions Manager
Wabash College Lilly Library
765-361-6216
765-361-6295 fax
albre...@wabash.edu
www.facebook.com/wabashcollegelibrary.films
http://pinterest.com/wabashcolllib/

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." --Neil Peart