Hello,

This question came in from a faculty member:

"I'm in need of suggestions for films on either 17th, 18th or 19th century U.S.
social and political trends/movements. I am teaching Hofstadter's book on
Anti-Intellectualism in my APT class (American Political Theory). We are
reading Edwards, Finney, Godwin and Dewey along with the book. Do you know of
any films on the Gilded Age (that don't "celebrate" self-made men), or
revivalism, or reform/progressive era politics and social conditions? Any help
is appreciated."

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you might have!

Anne Shelley
Milner Library
Illinois State University
anne.shel...@ilstu.edu