Videolib friends:

It saddens me to share this letter from the Benton, Furniss families
on the passing of Charles Benton.  Films Incorporated was my first job
in the industry out of college and Charles was always larger than life
and someone I admired greatly. He will be missed by many.

Elena

Dear Friends,

As you know, Charles has been battling cancer since December. Since we
last communicated  with you about Charles? health, his condition
worsened far faster than we expected. Although he had received
chemotherapy and radiation treatments, and was pursuing the option of
a clinical drug trial at the University of Chicago, additional tests
confirmed that his cancer had so advanced that his liver function
failed and he was ruled ineligible for the trial.

We consulted yesterday and today with palliative and hospice care for
Charles to ease his final days but before these measures could take
effect, Charles died peacefully Wednesday afternoon in his sleep. This
sudden and shocking turn of events has left us reeling, but we are
comforted by the knowledge that we explored all options and made sure
that he was comfortable.

We wish we could speak with each of you rather than send out this news
by e-mail. We hope you understand that we need to regroup and recover.

When arrangements to celebrate Charles' life are made, we will let you know.

Warm regards,

The Benton and Furniss families

Elena Wayne
Docuseek2.com
ewa...@docuseek2.com
847-537-0606

"If you love documentaries, Docuseek2 is an embarrassment of riches."
Chris Lewis American University