From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Gisele Genevieve
Tanasse
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2015 10:51 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] When to put DVDs in security cases?

Sending on behalf of Pamela Bristah,
pbris...@wellesley.edu<mailto:pbris...@wellesley.edu>
---------------------------
Dear Collective Wisdom,

Our library DVDs are open-stack, in security cases.  We'd like to save money by
not casing all our DVDs.  Have other academic libraries tried this?  If so,
what categories of DVDs do you case, and which do you leave un-cased?  And, how
has this worked out for you?
We're particularly interested in responses from schools like Wellesley--
liberal arts colleges not in major cities-- but would love to hear your story,
whatever kind of school yours is.
many thanks,
Pamela

Gisèle Tanasse

Head, Media Resources Center

150 Moffitt Library #6000
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-6000
PH: 510-642-8197
BCAL: nerdpo...@berkeley.edu<mailto:nerdpo...@berkeley.edu>
NOTE: PART TIME SCHEDULE Monday-Thurs 8AM-2PM