From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jessica Rosner
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2016 8:38 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Alternative to Video Librarian?

I would not be too concerned about the RT sale as RT is basically a site that
gathers reviews and gives an overall ranking BUT I would advice folks not to
merely look at the rating number but to read the reviews and develop a sense of
critics you trust. I had a bitter experience with RT on a very good doc which
got raves in New Your Times, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, Variety and a few other
papers ( small release) but for some bizarre reason the ONLY review RT
"counted" was a negative one from Seattle and I literally could not get it
fixed which was insane ( Film also got a gave from EMRO). Basically I think RT
is really good source for theatrical films with significant release but can be
problematic on small films and does not even cover a lot of educational films
librarians are interested in. Obviously EMRO is a good source for non
theatrical docs.

Jessica