Hi Meghan,

I concur with deg that we need more data on specific user experiences with
library based commercial video collections. IMHO Jane Otto's 2014 C&RL
article on the topic is a decent reference point (includes survey and
qualitative focus group methodologies):

Otto, J. J. (2014). University Faculty Describe Their Use of Moving Images
in Teaching and Learning and Their Perceptions of the Library’s Role in
That Use. *College & Research Libraries*, *75*(2), 115-144.

Similarly, in Spring '15 to capture some case studies as part of a
streaming task group initiative, I sent out a survey to known instructor
users of our licensed streaming video content asking about specific
pedagogical use cases, content value, streaming affordances, and technical
experience with these materials.  I am not certain if it would be helpful
for your question, but feel free to take a look at a public copy I made of
this survey: http://z.umn.edu/publicvideousesurvey.  Further, I would be
happy to share some of the general results if anyone is interested.

Best,
Scott

--
Scott Spicer
Media Outreach and Learning Spaces Librarian