Hi Toby,

 > The change doesn't seem to be visible to me, somehow..

Browsers are sometimes a bit too ambitious with caching. Reload the
page, it should be visible then.

> Also, I've been thinking about how to advertise PyViennaCL binaries: at
> the moment, we should link to the PPA page for Ubuntu, but later on, we
> should also provide notes on Windows / Mac OS binaries and
> installation. Is it enough just to point to the SourceForge files list
> in this case?

You are right, I updated the download page, pointing to both the
sourceforge download folder as well as the Ubuntu PPA. PyViennaCL is
uploaded and a news item is on the main page. Congratulations, great job!

> OK, so the Ubuntu packages are successfully built. The PPA link is
> [1]. I've set in train the machinations to get the package into the main
> repositories of Debian and Ubuntu, at which point the PPA will only be
> necessary for older Ubuntu releases.

Thanks!

> I still haven't tried building on Windows, and I probably won't be able
> to for a couple of weeks (I've probably already dedicated more time than
> I have spare right now to this release!). I suspect building on Mac OS
> will be easier, though I do not have a Mac on which to try that.

Okay, this is then left for future work.

> Also, if there's anyone out there who could package pyviennacl for other
> Linux distributions (Fedora? CentOS? SuSE? Arch?), that would be grand.

Yep - capable package managers are very welcome :-) Seems like we should
polish our "Contribute" page accordingly...

> After publishing those links on the website, the only thing remaining
> before I send out a formal announcement is putting the tarball on
> sourceforge. Hooray!

Hooray, it's uploaded. Please send out a formal announcements to (at least):
  viennacl-announceme...@lists.sourceforge.net
  viennacl-supp...@lists.sourceforge.net
  viennacl-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
and other mailing lists as needed. If you share something on social
media such as Twitter or Google+, please let us know so that we can
further distribute it. I'll also set up a short blog post about it - if
you run your own blog, you should do the same :-) It's usually better to
ring all bells and whistles within a short time frame rather than
incrementally in (too) low intensity ;-)

Best regards,
Karli