Hello,

I just wanted to give you all a heads-up about a draft Python
Enhancement Proposal that I'm working on, for adding a dedicated
matrix multiplication operator to Python (and thus getting rid of all
the mess about what * should mean):
  https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/4351

https://github.com/njsmith/numpy/blob/matmul-pep/doc/neps/return-of-revenge-of-matmul-pep.rst
It seems esp. relevant since pyviennacl seems to try to follow numpy
in many things *except* the definition of '*', and part of the hope is
that if this gets accepted into Python then it'll let us get rid of
such incompatibilities between projects. So I'd especially welcome
feedback on the "Semantics" section, and perhaps -- if it seems
correct to you -- to eventually add pyviennacl to the "Adoption"
section. Let me know what you think!

-n

--
Nathaniel J. Smith