Hey Philippe, all,

After talking earlier about switch_context() and current_context(), I'm
not sure why I should have to call these explicitly in most cases. If
I'm performing an operation on two objects (both explicitly constructed
with the same context), shouldn't ViennaCL implicitly switch_context()
so that the current_context is that of the two objects in the operation?

In this case, I'm copying data to a vector, and the device-specific
kernel uses current_context() (which returns a different context to that
with which the vector was constructed, thus giving an invalid command
queue). Shouldn't the relevant dispatch function compare
current_context() with that of the operand(s), and if current_context()
is different, call switch_context()? Is there any case where this
wouldn't work, and switch_context() would need to be called by the user
explicitly? I think we should be able to assume that the user will
always provide operands each with the same context; at least, I
guarantee that this is the case in PyViennaCL.

Cheers,

Toby