Hi everybody,

we are finally approaching the 1.6.0 release, for which all the major
items are now completed. Here's a quick (incomplete) overview of what
has been done and what still needs to be done:

* OpenCL: The GEMM kernels show some issues in the nightly tests when
used with matrix ranges. Philippe will have a look at it as soon as he
finds some time.

* Device Database: A couple of devices are already registered, some more
will enter soon.

* Documentation: The 'old' PDF manual is now converted to an
all-integrated Doxygen HTML documentation. The list of examples and
tests still needs to be created, but that's relatively low effort. I
expect this to make ViennaCL much more accessible (e.g. better indexing
from search engines).

* Issue-Tracker on GitHub: The big ones are essentially done and just
require a final verification. I'll take care of the smaller ones during
the next days.

* Iterative solvers: The pipelined CG and BiCGStab implementations work
like a charm, GMRES still needs to be migrated from its feature-branch,
but the implementation already works for all three compute backends.

If no unexpected delays occur, we should have a release by the end of
next week (~Friday, Oct 31). Once ViennaCL 1.6.0 is out, I'd like to
polish up and release the Benchmark GUI shortly after.

@Toby: What are your plans regarding the next PyViennaCL release?

Best regards,
Karli