Ivan Bjerre Damgaard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Quoting Claudio Orlandi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> > Cool -- that sounds like a good opportunity to finally sit down
>> > and create a slow-but-simple elliptic curve library for VIFF.
>>
>> I suggest you to use some library instead. Some of the algorithms
>> are quite involved...

>From reading the Wikipedia page linked below it seems very simple to
implement. But if it should be fast, then a library is of course much
better than a home-grown Python version.

>> I'm sure you can find C/C++ good stuff out there, and as far as I
>> understood, you can embed them into Python right?

Yes, one can do that. But then people would need to install the
library on their machine to use VIFF. If the library provided binaries
for Windows then it's no problem, but for a smaller library there
might not be much Windows support.

>> There is a list here
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic_Curve_Cryptography but I have
>> no clue about what is good and what is not.

I also found it, but I also don't have any experience with these
libraries.

> A good person to ask is Michael (Østergaard, email
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]) I think he worked with some of these
> libraries..

Cool -- I see that Claudio has sent him an email already!

--
Martin Geisler