"Claudio Orlandi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Good morning Claudio!

> One of the two is not a real issues: in fact we can implement this
> in VIFF as a "symmetric" protocol. Basically we just run 2
> multiplication at once :)

Okay, I'll see about implementing this soon.

The asymmetry should actually no longer be a problem, the players can
communication in any pattern now. Of course, the more complicated this
pattern is, the more anoying it is to code, but it is possible :-)

> So we can interleave this protocol with one where P1,P2 want to
> compute shares of z=xy, and where P2 plays the role of P1. This
> should increase the effiency even more, as the parties don't have
> any more idle time.
>
> Claudio
>
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Claudio Orlandi
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> It seems ok to me.
>> I just think that we can improve effiency (and security) a bit if
>> we do like this:
>>
>> P1 computes:
>> - A1= Enc(a1), B1=Enc(b1)
>> - Send A1,B1 to P2
>> P2 computes:
>> - C1=A1^b2 * B1^a2 * Enc(r) // r random in [0, 2p^2 + 2^k] k
>>   security parameter
>> - c2= a2b2 - (r mod p) mod p
>> - Send C1 to P1
>> P1 computes:
>> - c1 = Dec(C1) + a1b1 mod p
>>
>> Now c1+c2=c=ab=(a1+a2)(b1+b2)
>>
>> Efficiency: in this way we reduced from:
>> - Encryptions: from 6 to 3 encryptions
>> - Decryptions: from 2 to 1 decryptions
>> - Communication: from 4 to 3 ciphertext
>> - Generated random numbers: from 2 to 1
>> - Key pair needed: from 2 to 1.

Impressive, that is almost a 50% improvement on all figures!

--
Martin Geisler