Stanley,

I await your examples, which may well show me I am way off base.

But I had in mind that the small note symbols would be used sparingly, in
accordance with what seems to me to be a rather obvious convention:

a) Show only bourdon note.Indicates both strings of the course plucked, and
the octave is not essential, that is, the octave rides along only to add
overtones to the bourdon note for a brighter sound. Aside from works with
campanella, this would probably apply to the majority of notes on the lower
courses.

b)Show bourdon note and small note symbol for octave. Both strings plucked,
and the octave note is essential to the music.

c)Show small note only. Obviously, only octave is plucked.

d)Show bourdon and small note X'ed out.Obviously, only bourdon is plucked.

David Cameron

>David,
>
>What you say is true. But the mess it creates is can be a problem. I'll
post few examples this weekend.