Monica, why do you think that the single notes are not played as a chord with
any of the preceding note(s)? I realise this is your position but I still don't
understand why you hold it: as someone else has said, if F had wanted this
there's a perfectly clear way to intabulate it.  As you know I disagree with
your view and find support in other tabs where just one note changes in a
strummed chord progression.

  Numerous examples in other sources just one (from the real Bartolotti 1640
top of page 19):

  B,(B)1'/A3,(A)2,13/ etc, etc, etc.......................

  Martyn

  PS I do wish B's book 5 existed
Monica Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  > I wonder if you've added at least one bar towards the end. I'm sure there
> is definitely something dodgy about line 8, penultimate bar to final bar
> on that line (bars 10-11 in Monica's transcription). I think there is a
> bar - or more - missing and you have unconsciously compensated for it.

You may be right - I haven't looked at that bit closely!

> Rob, while you have your guitar in one hand and the Edirol in the other,
> try playing line one, second half of bar 4. The single note (a) on the
> first course is marked with a strum sign. Can you physically play the
> preceding chord and add the a? And even if you could, does it sound
> remotely plausible as chord? And again the last two bars of line two,
> especially the penultimate bar. Can you strum them? Could you make a
> recording of a bit more of this piece?

All these notes are meant to be played as single notes. They are not
intended to be included in the chord.

> Finally , line 9, bar 4. how do you add a top g to a full barre Bb chord?

You don't - it's meant to be a G major chord - include the open 2nd and 3rd
courses and it modulates to C minor...(K3)

And the penultimate note of the penultimate bar: how do you add,
> physically, add an a to a C minor chord? Surely this must be single note
> (but it's got a strum sign).

Yes - it can only be a single note...

> I think Monica must be right in saying that some of Foscarini's strum
> signs aren't actually strum signs. And there are strum signs all over the
> place in Foscarini.

Hooray!

Monica

 Sent from Yahoo! &#45; a smarter inbox.