That message got sent before I had finished writing it...Here is the full
version:

Fuenllana composed and intabulated pieces for the 5c vihuela. How this
instrument differed from the 5c guitar with bourdons on the 4th and 5th is a
little bit of a mystery. His 6c vihuela seems to have been quite small,
judging by the stretches required of the left hand. The 5c tablature seems
to be no different. There is frequesnt use of letter f on the first course
simultaneoulsy with letter b on the second course. That being the case, how
did his 5c differ from his 6c other than having a course missing in the
bass? And what modern performer would commission a 5c vihuela when a 6c
would cover everything? Perhaps the 5c was re-entrant? Not so, judging by
the tablature. Going on the musical style and tablature layout, I see no
difference between his 6c and 5c repertoire.

Judge for yourself. Here is the tablature for all his 5c pieces - PLAYABLE
ON THE 5c BAROQUE GUITAR (at a stretch) - in Italian, French and Milan's
'Guitar-type' tablature: http://www.rmguitar.info/scores.htm

Enjoy.

Rob MacKillop
www.songoftherose.co.uk