Rob -- Thanks for all the Fuenllana TABs. They look great!

It seems that very little has been written about the 5c vihuela. I used to
think it was the immediate forerunner of the 5c guitar, but I read something
that changed my thinking -- and I cannot now remember what it was I read --
maybe Jacobs's intro to his edition of Fuenllana.

Compared to the usual 6c vihuela, the missing course is the 1st (not the
6th), and what I read compared these pieces for 5c vihuela to pieces for the
5c lute. Ostensibly, those were written to be played when one had broken the
chanterelle and did not have another one handy. And that may have been
Fuenllana's purpose also. I believe it was, since his book is so
comprehensive and detailed in other respects.

5c lute pieces are sorta rare, but they do exist. If anyone on the vihuela
or lute lists can shed some light on this, and maybe direct us to some 5c
lute pieces, it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Mike

Michael Fink
[EMAIL PROTECTED]