I wholeheartedly agree, Martyn.  Those pictured at the top of this page are
of that later ilk, as is the link Alexander provided:
http://www.harpguitars.net/history/org/org-form1a.htm

Personally, I like the creator of this page very much, and I certainly
appreciate his knowledge and enthusiasm.  However, his focus really is on
more recent "harp-guitars", and I'm not totally comfortable with imposing so
structured an organology on sporadic and often unrelated builds of guitars
with sub-bass diapasons wherever they appear in history.

Eugene