Ah, at last I can make a contribution! Here is a bit of my introduction to
"Vacas for Vihuela", a collection of vihuela variations:

Among Spanish villancico texts of the 15th-16th centuries, probably the best
known is Guárdame las vacas. To a poem attributed to Crtistóbal de
Castillejo (1494-1550), this boy-girl song began:

Guárdame las vacas,
carillo, y besarte he;
si no, bésame tú a mí,
que yo te las guardaré.1

Since pastoral love poetry was tremendously popular in the Renaissance and
beyond, it is no wonder that the text found its way into an English
collection of 1600, translated:

“I prithee keep my kine for me,
“Carillo, wilt thou? Tell.”
“First let me have a kiss of thee,
And I will keep them well.”2
1. Antología poética Crtistóbal de Castillejo, ed. de Rogelio Reyes Cano
(Madrid: Cátedra, 2004), p. 157.
2. England’s Helicon (1600), ascribed to John Bodenham. Modern edition:
England’s Helicon: A Collection of Lyrical and Pastoral Poems: published in
1600, ed. by Arthur H. Bullen (Freeport, NY: Books for Libraries Press,
1970(?).

The translation is, of course, not exact, but you get the idea: a classic
boy-girl song. There are more verses, but I don't have them handy. You can
probably find them in the references mentioned above.

The romance Conde Claros is considerably longer. I can't give you anything
truly authoritative, but I did find the Spanish in Wikipedia:

http://es.wikisource.org/wiki/Romance_del_conde_Claros_de_Montalv%C3%A1n

If you have the Google toolbar (free download), you could get a rough
translation.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Michael Fink, PhD