To: "Vihuelalist" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2010 10:35 AM
Subject: [VIHUELA] some 19th century seven-string guitar pieces

1) (Many thanks to Alexander Batov for translating the titles) "It hurts and aches", a Russian national song arranged by A. O. Sychra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSpqj-Y66FA

2) "There stays a sycamore tree over the water" and "One mountain is high, the other low ...", Ukrainian songs arranged by V. Morkov with seventh string tuned down to C.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v99az9Nl0vg

(admittedly over-processed pano of disused railway line across field!)

Probably both mid 19th century or earlier.

Stuart