Well, the botanical name for Ukrainian 'Явір' (the way it appears in the song title) is 'Acer pseudoplatanus' which is the same that is used to define 'Sycamore' or 'Sycamore Maple'. Acer pseudoplatanus is native both to central Europe (including Ukraine) and West Asia.

So I suppose either of the two words (without getting excessively botanical :)) would be fine for this song title. I personally prefer Sycamore.

AB