     From: jean-michel Catherinot <jeanmichel.catheri...@yahoo.com>
     Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Guitar stringing was Re: Bartolotti Videos
     performed by Lex Eisenhardt
     To: "Vihuelalist" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>, "Lute List"
     <l...@cs.dartmouth.edu>, "Martin Shepherd" <mar...@luteshop.co.uk>,
     "Martyn Hodgson" <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk>
     Date: Tuesday, 31 August, 2010, 15:03

       Except le Roy 's information about neapolitan school (with no
      octaves), I'm not aware of an italian general habit of stringing
      without octaves on the lute!
       And most of lutenists today play high Renaissance lute music with
      plain octave stringing (6 to 4) as far as I know. On the vihuela, no
      octave stringing began with Emilio Pujol, based only on an ambiguous
      tuning chart in Pisador. So...
      --- En date de : Mar 31.8.10, Martyn Hodgson