    From: jean-michel Catherinot <jeanmichel.catheri...@yahoo.com>
    Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Guitar stringing was Re: Bartolotti Videos
    performed by Lex Eisenhardt
    To: "Vihuelalist" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>, "Lute List"
    <l...@cs.dartmouth.edu>, "Martin Shepherd"
    <mar...@luteshop.co.uk>, "Martyn Hodgson" <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk>
    Date: Tuesday, 31 August, 2010, 15:03

        Except le Roy 's information about neapolitan school (with no
       octaves), I'm not aware of an italian general habit of stringing
       without octaves on the lute!
        And most of lutenists today play high Renaissance lute music with
       plain octave stringing (6 to 4) as far as I know. On the
    vihuela, no
       octave stringing began with Emilio Pujol, based only on an
    ambiguous
       tuning chart in Pisador. So...
       --- En date de : Mar 31.8.10, Martyn Hodgson
       <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk
    <http://uk.mc263.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk>>