   From: Luca Manassero <l...@manassero.net>
   To: vihuela <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Fri, October 15, 2010 4:40:26 AM
   Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Pakistani Baroque Guitar?
     Well, 6 years ago I bought a Pakistani lute: a *huge* mistake.
   Materials were good, but craftmanship simply horrible.
   The design as well had an important number of flaws.
   It took some deep repairing by a professional lutemaker, including
   replacing the soundboard entirely, to make it a playable instrument.
   I ended up spending the price of a student lute made by a reputable
   lutemaker.
   This guitar "looks" better, especially on the many pictures coming from
   the German website, but I agree: as for any musical instrument, I would
   go for a test and then eventually buy it.
   Of course, if the website sites offers money back, then it could be an
   almost hassle-free test.
   Luca
   Chris Despopoulos on 15/10/10 10.30 wrote:
   >    My instinct would be to play one before buying it, and in fact,
   play
   >    the very one you intend to buy.  These added bits of information
   you
   >    mention don't add that many bits of information, in my opinion.
   We
   >    know Taylor "designed" the guitar, we know Taylor is great, and we
   know
   >    luthiers of the period were great.  But we know darned little
   about
   >    this guitar.
   >    Where was it made?  Out of what materials?  Don't get me wrong...
   What

   Manassero<[3]l...@manassero.net>

   [1][1][5]http://dulcimershofar.com/Baroque-Guitar-Sellas-5-course-Taylo
   r-p