>Yet again - re-entrant tunings have nothing to do with campanelas.
   What
   >Sanz says is
   >This is the reason - when making trills, slurs and other ornaments
   with the
   >left hand, the bourdon interferes with  them because it is a thick
   string
   >and the other is thin, and therefore the hand cannot stop them evenly,
   and
   >hold down the thick string as easily as two thin strings.
   I have often wondered about that, because right before that, Sanz says:
   pero si alguno quiera puntear con primor, y dulAS:ura, -> y usar de las
   campanelas <-, que es el modo moderno con que aora se compone, no salen
   bien los bordones
   Followed by "this is the reason..." as above, but it is not obvious (to
   me at least) what ornaments have to do with campanelas..so is it not at
   least a possibility that he is referring to campanelas and re-entrant
   tuning?
   Peter