I just posted some recordings, and thankfully I did so before reading
   this:
   >>I have no problem with the pavanas played without bourdons.  Try
   listening
   >>to Gordon Ferries - or Chris on this list perhaps has recorded it.
   Just
   >>bear in mind
   >>that the opening phrase will be doubled in octaves.
   Why thankfully?  Because I didn't end up trying to record this piece,
   and I can direct you to the following:
   [1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHblaa849Z8
   By Xavier Diaz-Latorre.  I think it's much better than any example
   you'd get from me.  If you haven't listened to his reading of Sanz, I
   highly recommend it (you can buy the MP3s on Amazon).  Keep in mind,
   this video clip is recorded in his spare bedroom (or something like
   that) -- he released an album with Pedro Esteban on which he conceives
   of this piece with rather somber percussion as its flooring.
   Presumably, Pedro knows what's to be had for percussion in a Pavana.
   Anyway, las pavanas de Sanz -- sin bordones.
   cud