RT

From: "Lex Eisenhardt" <eisenha...@planet.nl>
I don't think there is very much "polyphony" in the true sense of the
word i.e.continuous 2 or 3-part writing in Foscarini or Bartolotti (or
Corbetta for that matter).   And where there is it doesn't work very
effectively.
I take polyphony as different of Renaissance counterpoint.  As a texture
consisting of two or more independent melodic voices. Even the so-called
brise type of writing (in certain works of Bartolotti and Corbetta) can
be seen as polyfonic because it is not in one (accompanied or
unaccompanied) voice.