Greetings All:

This went to the lute list, but I probably should have thought to send it
here first.

Hopkinson Smith will be giving a concert cosponsored by my own Columbus
Guitar Society and Early Music in Columbus.  That concert, entitled "De los
Castillos y Calles de España: Spanish Guitar Music of the 17th Century",
will be performed entirely on five-course guitar.  The 1 April 2011 concert
begins at 8:00 and is preceded by a brief lecture at 7:30 pm.  It all takes
place at Capital University's Mees Auditorium and tickets are available in
advance from Early Music or Ticketmaster.com.

In addition, at 2 pm on 2 April, I have committed Hoppy to offer a master
class in Capital University's Kern's Religious Life Center, Columbus, OH.
The fee to participate will be US$60.  If you can make your way to Columbus,
OH come April--lute or early guitar incarnation in hand (or even modern
guitar if you'd really like)--and would like me to hold a performance spot
for you, please reply to this e-mail.  After I confirm available space, a
check made out to the Columbus Guitar Society will confirm your spot.  Act
fast: there are only three performance spots remaining!  The fee to simply
attend as an auditor will be $15 at the door.  Feel free to reply directly
(off list if you'd like) with any questions you may have.

Best,
Eugene

Eugene C. Braig IV
Artistic Director
Phone: 614-561-9204

The Columbus Guitar Society
Capital University, Conservatory of Music
1 College & Main
Columbus, OH 43209
USA

http://columbusguitarsociety.org/