On 16/04/2011 16:56, Chris Despopoulos wrote:
    I've recorded a few pieces now with a bordon on the D course -- Suite
    by Roncalli, Paracumbe, and Folias by Sanz.  These are compared to
    similar recordings I did without the bordon.  Oddly enough, the earth
    did not crack open and swallow my guitar, flaming toads did not fall
    from the sky, and gravity as we know it still holds sway.
    I'm inclined to view the results along the lines of speaking a language
    with an accent...  Perhaps the emPHAsis is placed on differENT
    syllABles, but the import is generally the same, and the ability to
    move the listener rests entirely with the speaker regardless of his or
    her accent.  I've found that the bordon reveals some aspects of a piece
    I may not have noticed otherwise, but nothing earth-shattering.  I may
    try to record a few other pieces with a bordon just to be thorough.
    (And I suppose I should try this exercise with bordones on two
    courses...)  For my own pleasure I want to get back to fully re-entrant
    tuning, but that's just a personal and possibly temporal preference.
    If you're interested, you can hear the results at:
    [1]http://cudspan.net/baroque/
    Cheers                cud

    --

Chris

You certainly play with a lot of fire! I think the bordon on the D course does make quite a difference - a darker sound maybe, or more depth. And, of course you now have extra notes below the third course.

How do you get that effect on the letter A (chord of G) in the first bar of the Roncalli Prelude?

Stuart.