There was a market for publishing guitar music in mixed style in Italy,
from 1630 on. Not in France.

How do you know? It may be that due to the economic situation in France -
especially during the Fronde - that it wasn't practical to print music but
that
doesn't prove that players were not interested in music in mixed style.

There is a lot of lute music, and airs de cour etc. Printed and in manuscript. But almost no guitar music in mixed style in manuscript from between 1630 - 1670. So then should we assume that people in France would have mainly played the music of foreign composers, from printed books? No French compositions? This would have been very different from what we know of the world of the lute.

Sorry, you mix up things here. What I write about Corbetta's position is
hypothetical. You seem to think that I myself regard re-entrant stringing
as inferior.

That is the impression that you give all the time. What you have said is
"Corbetta's music transcends the scope of the re-entrant tuning...."  That
is entirely your own perception of the music. You cannot possibly know
whether Corbetta thought his music transcended re-entrant stringing as
inferior as he has said nothing at all on the subject.

The fact that the music transcends the scope of re-entrant tuning doesn't say that that tuning is inferior. We just should accept that it is not capable of rendering everything in music. Not Bach's Chaconne, for example...

That is one manuscript.

You simply don't know that.   What has survived to the present day is only
the tip of the iceberg.  We are lucky that the Gallot ms. has survived.
There must have been other people like Gallot who copied or had copied
similar manuscripts which haven't survived.

We all have our happy dreams.

Ms.Rés. 2344 1647 which is dated 1647 includes music in mixed style including a version of the repicco variation - which occurs in Bartolotti's 2nd book.

So then Bartolotti has probably pirated it, into his Secondo Libro from c.1655?

Rather late?  Gallot's servant Monnier started to copy it in 1660 and the
repertoire he copied dates from the previous 20 years.

Started it in 1660. Were many Italian works in mixed style inscribed in the manuscript before c.1670?

Lex