From: Martyn Hodgson <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk>
     Subject: Re: [VIHUELA] Re: Guitar bridges
     To: "Lex Eisenhardt" <eisenha...@planet.nl>
     Date: Tuesday, 29 November, 2011, 14:10

   Hmmm  .. we agree that it makes plucking just the lower of the octave
   pair easier if one wishes to do this (eg possibly in scalic passages
   from the third to the 4th course), But it makes things like campanella
   play trickier - where one wishes much of the sound to be in the same
   register as the upper course notes of the passage.  So I'm really not
   so sure about the general desirability of what you suggest below - this
   seems to me to be advocating the dubious position of always requiring a
   low 'bass' line rather than simply accepting the unique idiomatic sound
   of the period instrument.

   regards

   Martyn