On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:33:43 +0100, Lex Eisenhardt wrote

> Bass lines may sometimes have been simplified, and thus some of
> the problems could be avoided. Occasional voice crossings with the
> bass perhaps were sometimes accepted (but probably not by everyone). L

But this isn't the problem at all! There's nothing wrong with
voice crossings per se, only if the voices involved form a fifth, which
would change into a (frowned upon) forth. I have yet to find one example
where this would happen with a theorbo ...

Cheers, Ralf Mattes

R. Mattes -
Hochschule fuer Musik Freiburg
r...@inm.mh-freiburg.de