Congratulations and thank you!

-- R

On Jan 25, 2012, at 6:23 AM, Monica Hall wrote:

I am pleased to be able to announce that I have completed my tablature transcription of all of Foscarini's music from "Li cinque libri".

It is now on my webpage -

www.monicahall.co.uk

as well as my page at

www.earlyguitar.ning.com

To access it you need to click on Foscarini on my home page and then under his mug-shot you will see links to the pdf and the accompanying translation of the introduction which is still a separate document.

I am not completely happy about some of the pieces which are very difficult to re-construct. I hope that making it more widely available now will give people a chance to comment and suggest improvements if they are interested. I may do some more work on it later but I want to have a break and do something else for a while.

It seems that a fair number of the pieces are not by Foscarini himself and I am particularly interested to hear if anyone notes any concordances especially for the lute pieces.

Most of you have my personal E-mail address and you can also contact me on the Early Guitar network.

Best wishes to everyone.