I loved doing it.   Foscarini is a fascinating character.

   Happy New year to everyone.

   Monica

   ----- Original Message -----

   From: [1]Martyn Hodgson

   To: [2]Monica Hall

   Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:27 PM

   Subject: Re: [VIHUELA] Foscarini - Li cinque libri

   Good grief! A labour of love

   Happy New Year

    Martyn
   --- On Wed, 25/1/12, Monica Hall <[3]mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

     From: Monica Hall <[4]mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>
     Subject: [VIHUELA] Foscarini - Li cinque libri
     To: "Vihuelalist" <[5]vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
     Date: Wednesday, 25 January, 2012, 12:23

   I am pleased to be able to announce that I have completed my tablature
   transcription of all of Foscarini's music from "Li cinque libri".
   It is now on my webpage -
   www.monicahall.co.uk
   as well as my page at
   www.earlyguitar.ning.com
   To access it you need to click on Foscarini on my home page and then
   under his mug-shot you will see links to the pdf and the accompanying
   translation of the introduction which is still a separate document.
   I am not completely happy about some of the pieces which are very
   difficult to re-construct.   I hope that making it more widely
   available now will give people a chance to comment and suggest
   improvements if they are interested. I may do some more work on it
   later but I want to have a break and do something else for a while.
   It seems that a fair number of the pieces are not by Foscarini himself
   and I am particularly interested to hear if anyone notes any
   concordances especially for the lute pieces.
   Most of you have my personal E-mail address and you can also contact me
   on the Early  Guitar network.
   Best wishes to everyone.