   From: Valery SAUVAGE <sauvag...@orange.fr>
   To: Vihuelalist <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:14 AM
   Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Frets
     I don't say the change was made together (from gut to fixed frets and
     from 5 c to 6 strings), but obviously in the same period of time both
     occurs... And of course you can always find some exceptions...
     My baroque guitar was converted to 6 single strings at the change of
     the century (around 1800) but stay with gut frets... (now converted
     back to 5 course baroque guitar)
     V.