> I have prepared but not committed a pkgsrc update for 1.5. However, I
> am seeing some odd behavior (on a mac, that I think I also saw on
> NetBSD). I tend to do
>
> viking gpx.viking ETREX30-archive/2013-10-01\ *
>
> to display all the tracks from a given (UTC of course :-) day. Under
> 1.4.2, this works fine, despite the horrific spaces. With 1.5, I get a
> "The file you requested could not be opened." popup, apparently one for
> all but the first file.

In order to support Relative Filenames (within primarily Viking files) and to
(re)opening from where one last opened a file,
 Viking changes it's working directory to the last successfully opened
directory.

The easiest way to show it not working is like this:

viking dir/file1.gpx file2.gpx

After opening the first file the working directory is changed to 'dir'. Now it
will attempt to open 'file2.gpx', but since this it is now in directory 'dir'
it won't find file2.gpx as that is now relatively back in ../

In the specific use case above, this can be worked around using pwd to ensure a
full path filename is used e.g.:

viking gpx.viking `pwd`/ETREX30-archive/2013-10-01\ *

See commit "SF#3028797: Remember last directory used when saving / opening main
files." for when this was introduced:
https://sourceforge.net/p/viking/code/ci/317298355967f8465d2ddff8ae61b428a188778f

Perhaps to the best way is mitigate this issue is to only change the directory
only when opening a .vik file type.

Be Seeing You - Rob.
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving isn't for you.