Bram Moolenaar wrote:

Vincent Linsong wrote:

   I just try the fresh vim7f Beta on my ubuntu box, found some problems:
1. the behavior of omnicompletion is changed I set
          completeopt=menu,preview,longest
in vim7d beta, when I input something then press <C-X><C-O>, the completion menu shows up, then as I input more characters, the content of the completion menu is changed and the first entry in the menu is highlighted. But in vim7f, all things work except the first entry is not highlighted. Is it a bug or a design?

This is by design.  Some people mentioned that when using the longest
common string the first entry should not be selected.  Now you can use
CTRL-N to select the first entry.  Previously you would need to do
CTRL-N CTRL-P to get the first entry.
  I use the omnicompletion like this:
I set completeopt=menu,preview,longest . Now consider I input some characters of a function's name, for example, the function's name is 'helloWorld' and I input 'hel'. I am not glad to remember the exact function name, so I invoke omnicompletion by <C-X><C-O>, then I know what is the exact name of the function, instead of press <C-N> or <C-P> multiple times to select it from the menu, I choose to input more characters and when function's name becomes the top entry on the menu, I will press <C-Y> to accept it. I think this way is very convenient and I know many intelligence like tools works in this way. If others have enough reason to change the behavior, would you like to add a new option to make two ways work ? Thanks a lot!

BR
Vincent

   2. one problem with syntax highlight
Open help by :help command, the '|' is missing, that is |usr_01.txt| now becomes usr_01.txt. This happens in mud colorscheme, but does not occur in desert colorscheme. Maybe this is a problem of the colorscheme, but it works well before(at least in vim7d and vim6.x). It means there is something about syntax highlight changed in vim7f. Is it intended?

This is intentional.  The || characters mark tags, but can make it more
difficult to read the command being explained.