Mathias Michaelis wrote:
Hi developers

If I compile vim on Windows XP with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
Express Edition on the command line with

nmake -f Make_mvc.mak DEBUG=yes FEATURES=TINY GUI=yes OLE=yes

I get the errors:

ex_cmds2.obj : error LNK2019:
 unresolved external symbol _get_locale_val referenced
 in function _get_mess_env

os_mswin.obj : error LNK2019:
 unresolved external symbol _gui_mch_dialog referenced
 in function _display_errors

Is this a bug or isn't this configuration supported for certain reasons?

Thanks for any replies!
Best regards
Mathias

I guess it's a bug; but "Tiny" features means barest bones, without arithmetic evaluation and without syntax highlighting. I don't recommend it. On Windows the default is "Normal" features and I recommend "Big" or "Huge", especially for a "debug" version. On Unix-like systems, on some systems such as RedHat or SuSE there may be up to three different featuresets of a single version and patchlevel, as follows; any or all of them may be installed on a given machine:

- "vi", which is actually Vim with Tiny features and no GUI, placed in a directory that will always be mounted, for use in single-user-without-X11 "system repair" mode (packages vim-common and vim-minimal) - "vim" with Big features but no GUI, for use in Console mode, in /dev/tty or possibly in an xterm (vim-common and vim-enhanced) - "gvim" with Big or Huge features and GUI, for use in X11 (vim-common and vim-x11).

Best regards,
Tony.